COVID-19 UBC Campus closures: only time sensitive studies who have received an exemption from the Faculty of Medicine or VCHRI can attend any UBC MRI Research Centre facilities for the foreseeable future.
To book any of these critical or essential cases while the scanner schedule is closed off contact the booking address with your request.
(2020-05-11) We have updated our screening protocol to reflect the developing COVID-19 situation
Prior to attending UBC Research MRI for their scans, subjects must be able to answer “No” to the following 4 questions:
1. “Do you have a fever?”
2. “Do you have a new onset cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?”
3. “Have you travelled outside of the country in the last 14 days?”
4. “Have you been in contact with anyone who is self-isolating due to possible COVID-19 exposure in the last 14 days?”
Please see the full policy: UBC Research MRIs during COVID19
Hospital Greeters (front door of CBH and Purdy): Your subjects will need to be met at the door or may be asked to provide proof they have an appointment in the building (e.g. an email).
The UBC MRI Research Centre makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy of this calendar. All bookings must be confirmed with our staff. Please contact MR technologists by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. **We cannot accommodate cases involving IV contrast injections between 12 and 1pm**
Instructions for Purdy scanner:
- Have your participant to sit in a research designated chair in the hallway. Check in with the UBCH clinical MR desk.
- Get some MR clothing and a blue laundry bag (kept by the screening forms) to keep the subject’s personal clothing in.
- After completing the screening form ask your subject to change in the large wheelchair washroom in the hallway by the garden room.
- Subject belongings are to be locked up in the designated locker in the hallway.
- If anyone has mobility issues, please inform us ahead of time so we can make the MRI department’s large washroom available for them to change in.
Technologist contact number 604-822-7074.
We are now accepting new projects.
Technologist contact number 604-822-4237.
Note: You may be required to remain in the department during the study with the technologist for the duration of the scan.